Monday, March 3, 2014

Valentines Day!

 Here are the heart cookie makers this year.  They did it all by themselves!

 Peter got the kids a little box of chocolate.
 Bronwyn didn't get a box of chocolates, but she was pretty excited about hot cocoa in her sippy cup!
 Peter wanted to take the two big girls out on a Valentines' date with me at Bob Evans, where kids eat free.  We dressed up and had a really fun time together.
 The children's menu was full of Valentines' activities.

 The girls also had fun sipping chocolate milk through a straw.
 And...we shared some brownie bites for dessert.  :)  A good idea from their daddy.  They had a great time. 
 The kids put together a little tea party shortly after Valentines Day on a morning when they had just finished dressing up.
 Complete with carmel-filled kisses that Aunt JoAnn had sent in the mail!
 Did you know that pirates like pink heart cookies? 
And that queens always toast their tea?

Holidays are a great opportunity to enjoy seasonal pleasures and Valentines' Day is a great way to brighten up a winter month!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are the things I miss. Thanks for sharing. I felt like I was at the tea party. Cecily, I love your attention to detail. I will always remember to toast my tea when I am in the presence of a queen.

LOVE TO ALL,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

As always, you do the sweetest things with your children and celebrate in the most special of ways.
~Shannon