Thursday, October 8, 2009

ONE MORE CAMPING POST...

Wow. Blogging has really not been working out for me lately. My Internet connection has been very intermittent, only working late at night and early in the morning. Something's wrong with our computer, but we don't know what it is yet. I'm finally taking advantage of some early morning time to put on this last camping post.
There isn't much left. The second day the boys did some more fishing and then we all packed and loaded. On our way out of the park we stopped at the second little lake that's near the entrance. These little lakes were actually created for children. They're very child-friendly.
We got the poles out one last time.
She doesn't mind not being able to fish, she finds plenty to do.
Half way around the lake I found a sunny, grassy hillside where I could sit and survey everyone's activities. I set Cecily next to me on the grass and we just enjoyed watching. Ben was just out of sight, fishing on his own. Peter was helping Calvin and Will, who was not as interested in fishing, was following a grasshopper.
I enjoyed watching Will follow his bug.

Got him!
Hurray for Calvin. He got in some good fishing lessons.
A sweet lady wandered up to me.
A big highlight: Ben caught a fish and surprised us all! I love this picture because he looks so genuinely happy. I know God sent that little bass to his line. So proud.
Removing him from the line.
Letting the little ones touch him before throwing him back in the lake.
That's it, and we headed home. It was a blessing to squeeze in that little camping excursion before the season was over. A good opportunity for the boys to have some time in the woods and fishing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay now, we have to pray you out of this fix - broken camera and spastic internet. I miss your blogs SOOOOOOO Much.
Loved this one, especially the look on Ben's face with his fish.
Hugs all around,
Kathy

Peter Jones said...

Thanks Kathy!!

Hugs to you too!
:) Julie