Saturday, December 18, 2010

Decorating the Tree

Girls are ready to eat.


We had a fun appetizer dinner downstairs on the night that we decorated. We had summer sausage and cheese on crackers, meatballs, deviled eggs and shrimp cocktail. High protein for my sake. It was simple but festive for the sake of getting the tree adorned.





This was our family ornament for the year. We visited the Yaquina Bay Lighthouse when we were at the Oregon Coast this summer.

This isn't a great picture of it, but William made this ornament for me and surprised me. He made it out of pipe cleaners and tin foil. It's actually very pretty, shiny and colorful. It looks beautiful hanging on the tree.



I just think this ornament is neat because it is made out of coal.

So much fun. The kids LOVE to get out the ornaments and remember them all from last year. Many are gifts from my mother and they cherish them. The decorating night is always a looked forward to evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Jones Family !

Wow, only 29 days until we get to welcome baby Jones. I am so excited!
Julie, you are AWESOME !!!!!

Love from me and all of my furry four footed family,
Kathy

Lora said...

Great post Julie!! Got your card today in the mail. Beautiful family photo of you all! Hope you get mine. I think I might have addressed it wrong.