Saturday, April 16, 2011

And That's My Boy

Wishing Happy Birthday now to my 8 year old son. Birthdays are so great for taking time to enjoy a person individually and consider the progress they've made over a year's time. Ben, as a little boy, is fading. Ben, as a big boy, is emerging. These realizations are always bitter-sweet for me. :) Looking into the year ahead for him is exciting, though, as I can see so many doors opening for him for the first time and how much he will enjoy each one with his natural zeal and enthusiasm. Love you, Ben.

3 comments:

Jennie and Julie said...

Yes, he is emerging into a really nice boy. I sure enjoyed my conversation with him the other day. Hope the picnic was wonderful! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ben ! Wow, 8 years old. I wish for you the absolute best in the upcoming year. I know you are going to learn amazing things.

Have fun and remember Cats are Cool,
Kathy

Luma said...

Happy Birthday, Ben! May the Lord grow you up to be a man after His own heart, just like King David. :-)

Love,
The Simms