Saturday, May 10, 2014

First sentences!

Amelia brought this to me a few days after her birthday.  I think she may have asked her brothers about the spelling of some words, but basically she worked this out all on her own and she isn't even fully reading yet.  I was totally amazed.  
It says:  "I turned 7 on Tuesday.  On my birthday me and mom went to the mall.  We had a fun time at the mall.  Then we went home and had fried chicken and muffins and broccoli salad.  Then I opened presents then went to bed."
Something tells me she will keep a journal someday.  I think she's going to love writing and recording events.  Sounds like someone else I know.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful job Amelia. you are destined to be a writer and a very bright young lady.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Yay for first sentences!!!

Love, JoAnn

Jennie and Julie said...

I wonder who the 'someone else I know' could be?? Great job figuring all that out. She can't wait, can she??