Wednesday, September 10, 2008

NO TRAINING WHEELS

I have delayed teaching Ben to ride his bike without the training wheels. It's not that he isn't big enough. I was pretty sure he could do it, but I wasn't sure I was ready for him to be peddaling around our shared parking area where the neighbor's cars are. The older boys are good about staying away from the neighbor's cars and avoiding any collisions, but as a beginner, Benny would be unpredictable, I'm sure. Well, he decided on his own that he was done waiting. He just took off last Saturday. He basically taught himself and was riding solo within a few minutes.

Way to go, Benny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are proud of Ben, and it seems so like him to go out and teach himself. These are great photos, and there is always something basic and new to entertain, isn't there (i.e. bike ramp) as the boys grow older. Peter could make some stilts out of 2x4's one of these days : )

Love Mom