Monday, October 6, 2008

CECILY MAE

Last Wednesday I went to have some tests done because Cecily did not seem to be growing for a few weeks. After the tests, the midwife decided I should be induced to be on the safe side and not leave her inside any longer in case something were, in fact, wrong. I was admitted to the hospital immediately and they began to give me pitocin to induce labor at around 4:00 pm. Peter was able to join me around 7 pm and by then I was dizzy and nauseas and all-around sick, sick. I hadn't had anything to eat since breakfast and I guess the pitocin has some very ill effects on my empty stomach. The midwife came to see me sometime later in the evening and decided to stop the pitocin and let me get a good night's rest and something to eat. Our friend Marlene stayed with the kids at home and Peter and I did get a good night's rest and some food and began again at 8:00 am, this time with no nausea and a lot more rest and readiness. The labor went well, as the pitocin did it's job, but they were fairly gentle in administering it so that I was not overwhelmed with the contractions. She was born at 3:47 pm and we were so relieved to find that nothing at all seemed to be the matter with her. She is small, but not underdeveloped in any way. She's just beautiful and we're so grateful that it went well and she's alright. She was 6 lbs. 13 oz. , almost a pound smaller than any of our other babies. Peter and I both felt the effects of the prayers that were made for us and our baby. In every way, it went better than we would have expected.
Her hair looks a little red.

:-)


kisses, kisses


Calvin thinks she's very interesting.

William enjoyed his turn.
Looking at her tiny feet.

All worn out, of course.





The sisters, together.


My girls!!


Sam is looking kind of tired, but he was thrilled with his new sister.




The whole gang.







Going home.

There's the family going-home outfit. Every Jones baby has worn it and myself and my sisters before that.


A very proud mommy.







3 comments:

Scott and Jaime Miller said...

What a blessing you have! I am very much excited for you. She's beautiful! And the kids look adorable with their new sister.

Jaime

Anonymous said...

These are all great pictures! I think Cecily especially looks pretty in pink....Thanks for putting all these on the blog. It was a little like being there!
Congratulations Peter, Julie and family on adding another beautiful baby to the family.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Julie,

I must admit that I have not been on your blog NEAR enough. I have just spent the last hour catching up on all of the different things that you have posted on here. It's AWESOME!!! It is such a great way for everyone to see what is going on in your lifes and to watch the kids grow up. I love it!

The new baby is so cute. I think that she looks so much like you!!! Love ya, Joy (Sister)