Monday, April 28, 2014

Easter 2014

 We still have a few things hanging around in a holiday box that date back to the Easters of my childhood.
 This year, Eli found that he fit the bunny suit and sure had a fun time running around in it for an afternoon.
 We dyed eggs and cleaned house on Saturday, probably just like most every other family in this country.

 On Easter morning, each of the children got a gift.  I found this fancy purse on Ebay for Cecily.  I don't think I've ever seen her so happy over a gift.  I think being the second daughter can be feel like everything is hand-me-downs and second-best for her.  Her sister never had anything like this and she knew it was a special treat.
 Amelia's gift was a necklace.
 The boys all got ties.
 Bronwyn got a hairbow.  :)

 Ready for church now, but we find it's wise to get a group picture first if we can.
 Happy purse-girl on the left.
 And a self-timed photo to remember the day by.  Jones Family 2014.

 The little man.
 Our 17th Easter together.
 Ben, at church.
 Friends.
 Boys!
 And the girls.
 Our friend, John White, who joined us for Easter dinner.
 Dinner was:  Manicotti stuffed with sausage and cheese, green salad with craisins, feta and pecans, and some homemade applesauce.

 Look how tall!  Up above me now. 
 For once, the weather was beautiful and so we went ahead and hid the colored eggs outside.

 He doesn't see it.  He's looking under the porch.
 :)  There he found it.




We even roped our guest into participating.  After the little ones were done hunting, they wanted to hide the eggs for the older boys and John.  He was a good sport!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my favorite family, how I would love to just come and hang out with you all. I love the picture of Julie and Peter - 17 Easters - how can that be, it was just yesterday. I looks like it was a fun day and special in all of the ways it should be. Your family is growing up.

I love each of you,
Kathy

Jennie and Julie said...

Nice photos of each and every one. I saved a lot of them. Seems just the way Easter should be!