Friday, January 1, 2010

DECORATING THE TREE

I'm going to attempt to catch up on these December pics this week. We'll see how far I can get. This is our Sabbath Feast on Saturday night, the day we got our tree. We had marinated, roasted pork loin, green bean casserole and homemade cranberry sauce.
The next evening, Sunday, I got out all of the kids' ornaments and laid them out for them on the stone hearth in chronological order, so they could see and enjoy them. My mom has bought them each one each year and has carefully labeled their names and the year on them. I have bought one for them most years as well. It is always so fun to get them out and decorate with them.

Calvin's were on the couch, as they wouldn't fit on the hearth.

Will's new ornament this year is a train car made from real coal. I got it at the Green County Historical Museum when we visited there earlier in the year. Samuel got one as well.

Benjamin, Calvin and Amelia got reindeer-jingle bell ornaments. I got Cecily a white, crocheted angel ornament.

Amelia is putting her deer on the tree.

All done. Or very near. The garland needs straightening after much child-handling.

Some other fun ornaments...Will loves this little french horn my mom got him.

This crazy, psychedelic cowboy boot belongs to Ben.

Also belonging to Ben is this adorable, pine cone hedgehog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is always so much fun to decorate for Christmas. Not so much fun to put it all away.

Nice post.
Kathy