Monday, February 1, 2010

PRAYER REQUEST

Where to start? If you've been following our lives on this blog, then you've seen pictures of our good friends and fellow church members, the Oldland Family. Their 3 year old daughter is Millie's little friend, Katrina. Miss Katrina has been diagnosed with a neuroblastoma (a children's cancer), a tumor on her adrenal gland above her left kidney. The good news is that several tests have been done to determine if the cancer has spread to anywhere else in her body and none of them have detected cancer anywhere else. Also, the tumor appears to be operable and the plan is to have it removed tomorrow. This has all happened very quickly. You will see pictures of Katrina in the next pictures that I will be posting. It shows the kids sledding on a get-together we had after Christmas. Since that time, just a few weeks ago, she has changed into a very sick little person who can no longer walk and can barely talk because of the shaking that has taken over her body. I falter here. I held her last night and I'm scared. It really is times like these that we put to the test what we say we believe. It's a trial for me, how much more for her mother and father. All the same things are true. God is good. God is in control. God had this planned and He chose these circumstances in His grace and mercy to grow this family and all of us who love them and are close to them.
Katrina's mother is due to give birth to her 7th child in about 4 weeks. Would you put in a petition before the Lord for her and her husband as they walk through this incredibly frightening process tomorrow with their little daughter? Pray for strength and trust in the Lord. And of course pray that the surgery would go very well and Katrina would be healed by the hand of the Lord.
Psalm 66:10-12
"For You, O God, have tested us; You have refined us as silver is refined. You brought us into the net; You laid affliction on our backs. You have caused men to ride over our heads; We went through fire and through water; But You brought us out to rich fulfillment."

2 comments:

Lora said...

Although circumstances are different. I know all too well the fear that this family is feeling. It is with me daily and I have to force myself to see past Ryan's disease and take it one day at a time! I will pray for this family and for their little girl!

Anonymous said...

Of course I am on my knees. I too am at a loss for words. I worked with so much cancer and deal with my own issues but it really gets to me to see stricken children.

The faith of this family and all who love them will be so tested and your whole church will grow. The medical community who has the privilege of being with this family will also be blessed by it all.

Keep us posted. I do so hope the Oldlands have a strong, loyal support system. May they each be covered in Love.