Saturday, January 24, 2009

A WILLIAM POST

I talked to my mom about the blog yesterday. She said a couple of things that have resulted in this post. The first one was that she absolutely loves to wake up to pictures of her grandkids on her computer. So, I'm pushing to get some on here for you today. :) Second, she said that I should do a post on William because she hasn't seen much of him. So, here it is. Is that fast service, or what?
This is William on the pogo stick. It is Ben's and Ben is improving on it, but William has mastered it. He has great balance. We were sort of floored when he came down yesterday and said he did 1,000 continuous bounces on it. He'd been doing around 300 before falling. Now, he can sort of go on indefinitely until he chooses to get off. So I thought I'd take some pictures of him on it, which is easier said than done. This is the clearest one.
Even though he is blurry, you can get the idea.

He's trying for some really high bounces here.

So, I took some pictures of him off the pogo stick since the "in action" ones were so hard to get.





Here he is enjoying a candy cane from his Christmas candy stash.

He's a funny guy. He's using his cane for walking.
Earlier this week, when I came into his room before I went to bed, he was laying there in the dark but still awake. He said to me, "I'm 2,606 days old." If a kids lies in bed at night doing that kind of addition in his head, I think he likes math. Yes, he does like math. So there you have it; some things that William did this week that display his personal strengths. He has very good balance and general athletic ability and he's bent towards math. (I won't mention his weaknesses!) He's a happy, growing 7 year old.

3 comments:

Jennie and Julie said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! And thank you too William for posing for all those photo's! Yes, it's so nice to get a personal update on just one child. You will have to do that periodically for each one. I'm sure it made William feel important. Thanks Julie

Anonymous said...

And important he is. Impressive post William. I would think that as a parent of several wonderful children, to focus on just one would be challenging and a lot of fun. What did you learn, Julie, that you maybe hadn't known or thought of recently about William that came from focusing on only him for this post?

Just curious.

Watching the inauguration this week reminded me of the fun we had in Washington DC. I have a Facebook page and have this week gotten in touch with Warren (Married with one child, good job with the military), Frank, Darcelle, Amanda Boone (married with 3 cute children) and many others from that time in our lives. It has been so much fun. Melissa Libby has a great page, I have been in touch with Larry too. It has been a great week.

Many Blessings!

Peter Jones said...

Kathy- I'm so glad that you had a good week! Frank just sent me a friend request and I saw Warren on his profile page. I'll have to send a friend request to him. That is really fun. Amanda and I have kept pretty good contact over the years because we were very close. She and her husband used to live in St. Louis when Peter and I were in Chicago and we would drive down and see them.
I've also enjoyed getting in contact with old friends through facebook. I have a lot of friends from Camp Tadmor, where I was on staff for 5 summers, that I have lost contact with. Many of them are reconnecting on facebook. That's been fun for me too.
Many Blessings to you as well!
Julie